- A white mineral consisting of anhydrous calcium sulfate. It typically occurs in evaporite deposits.More example sentences
- The lower, evaporitic part of each cycle contains halite, anhydrite (secondary after sedimentary gypsum), and high salts (sylvite and polyhalite).
- Layering is defined by halite of different colours and grain size with various concentrations of different impurities (mainly red clay, buff anhydrite or green volcanic rocks).
- The Bonneval gneiss is separated from the augen gneiss by a fault zone in which dolomite, cargneule, anhydrite and Bündnerschiefer occur.
More definitions of anhydriteDefinition of anhydrite in:
- The British & World English dictionary