Definition of ani in English:
noun (plural anis)
A glossy black long-tailed bird of the cuckoo family, with a large deep bill, found in Central and South America.
- Genus Crotophaga, family Cuculidae: three species
- Because anis have altricial nestlings, the provisioning help of all breeding adults is essential.
- Be on the lookout for Caribbean dove, West Indian woodpecker, Cuban bullfinch, and smooth-billed ani.
- I needed to pick up an extra pair of binoculars from him, and he also showed me pictures from his recent trip to the Valley… Elegant Trogon, Crimson-collared Grosbeak, ani, jays, etc.
Words that rhyme with aniAfghani, Armani, Azerbaijani, Barney, biriani, blarney, Carney, frangipani, Fulani, Galvani, Giovanni, Hindustani, Killarney, maharani, Mbabane, Modigliani, Omani, Pakistani, Rafsanjani, Rajasthani, rani, sarnie
Definition of ani in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.