- Her back was to me, but I could imagine her face, eyes sparkling with animation, her full attention on him, not slightly off to the side as it often was.
- Her animation and liveliness engaged her young students, as evidenced by the children's laughter and high degree of participation.
- They'd gone to a Karnal concert, and the girl who'd been talking with vibrant animation in her voice, turned to the guy.
- He argues that Western societies generally have regarded abortions occurring before the fetus showed signs of animation as not criminal in nature.
- Even immobile beings that show no signs of animation or spirituality harbors within it the divine life-force that brought it into being.
- In creating his animations, he films the drawings as he adds or erases the images.
- Paintings, drawings, animations and at last the feature films all augment our appreciation of Lord of the Rings.
- Many of the images come from Hollywood movies, including Walt Disney animations.
- It needs Flash and sound to get the full effect, but underneath the excellent animation is a great site concerned with factory farming and local food production.
- The computer animation is top-notch and the characters are delightful and entertaining for the most part.
- High levels of detail are also noticeable in player movements and animations.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'encouragement'): from Latin animatio(n-), from animare 'instill with life' (see animate). Sense 1 dates from the early 19th century.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.