Definition of anklet in English:
1chiefly North American A sock that reaches just above the ankle.
- I like to wear pretty ribbons in my hair and love lacy anklet socks and ruffles on my panties.
- They also purchased anklet socks for guys.
- You owned a lot of fluoro-coloured anklet socks, mostly lime green, hot pink and fluoro-yellow.
2An ornament worn around an ankle.
- Necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, chokers, earrings, and some articles I couldn't have begun to guess at dazzled my vision.
- One can pick rings, pendants, anklets and bracelets - all in sterling silver here.
- Wonderfully crafted bangles, necklaces, anklets and earrings are star attractions.
Definition of anklet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan