Definition of annexation in English:
The action of annexing something, especially territory: the annexation of Austria
More example sentences
- Seemingly the entire world agreed that Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait should be reversed.
- Conquest and annexation of Zululand was completed only in the 1890s.
- In Wales the threat of English invasion and annexation did not impose unity.
- Example sentences
- Armando Hart, director of the Jose Marti Program Office, has warned of the dangers of this diabolical annexationist plan not only for Cuba, but for the entire world.
- In September the annexationists of Avignon set up a club as a further sign of their determination to join France.
- Orchard's denunciations of the Liberals as pro-US ‘annexationists’ aside, his claim that the Tories were historically the party most identified with anti-Americanism is accurate.
Pronunciation: /ˌanekˈsāSH(ə)nəst/noun & adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.