Definition of annexation in English:
The action of annexing something, especially territory: the annexation of Austria
More example sentences
- Seemingly the entire world agreed that Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait should be reversed.
- Conquest and annexation of Zululand was completed only in the 1890s.
- In Wales the threat of English invasion and annexation did not impose unity.
annexationist noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- Armando Hart, director of the Jose Marti Program Office, has warned of the dangers of this diabolical annexationist plan not only for Cuba, but for the entire world.
- In September the annexationists of Avignon set up a club as a further sign of their determination to join France.
- Orchard's denunciations of the Liberals as pro-US ‘annexationists’ aside, his claim that the Tories were historically the party most identified with anti-Americanism is accurate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan