noun (plural annuli /-ˌlī/)• technical
- A ring-shaped object, structure, or region.More example sentences
- Channel incorporation was typically achieved within a few minutes after ‘brushing’ the membrane fraction across the annulus with fresh lipids to form a new bilayer.
- The tympanic annulus must be completely visible.
- The fibrillar collagens also change across the disc, with the nucleus containing only type II collagen while both types I and type II are found in the annulus.
mid 16th century: from Latin anulus, annulus.
More definitions of annulusDefinition of annulus in:
- The British & World English dictionary