Definition of anoa in English:
noun (plural same or anoas)
A small deerlike water buffalo, native to Sulawesi.
- Genus Bubalus, family Bovidae: two species
- Along the banks we caught sight of both of the supposedly almost extinct species of dwarf buffalo, the highland and lowland anoa.
- In cold and temperate climatic zones anoas need a stable where a temperature of 18°C should be maintained.
- Lowland anoas spend most of their time in shady forests and they are most active in the morning and afternoon.
Mid 19th century: a local name.
Words that rhyme with anoaBalboa, blower, boa, foregoer, goer, grower, hoer, jerboa, knower, Krakatoa, Lebowa, lower, moa, mower, Mururoa, Noah, o'er, proa, protozoa, rower, Samoa, sewer, Shenandoah, shower, sower, spermatozoa, Stour, thrower, tower
Definition of anoa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.