noun (plural same or anoas)
- A small deerlike water buffalo, native to Sulawesi.
More example sentences
- Genus Bubalus, family Bovidae: two species
- Along the banks we caught sight of both of the supposedly almost extinct species of dwarf buffalo, the highland and lowland anoa.
- In cold and temperate climatic zones anoas need a stable where a temperature of 18°C should be maintained.
- Lowland anoas spend most of their time in shady forests and they are most active in the morning and afternoon.
mid 19th century: a local name.
More definitions of anoaDefinition of anoa in:
- The British & World English dictionary