- A year measured between successive perihelia of the earth (approximately 365 1/ 4 days).More example sentences
- There is also the anomalistic year, although this is even less used than the sidereal year.
- On average, the anomalistic year is about 25 minutes longer than the tropical year, so the date of perihelion slowly shifts over time, regressing by about 1 full day every 58 years.
- An anomalistic lunar month is the lunar equivalent to the solar anomalistic year which indicates the passage of the sun around the earth from perigee to perigee.
More definitions of anomalistic yearDefinition of anomalistic year in:
- The British & World English dictionary