- 1Make anonymous: manuscripts will be anonymized by the editorial assistantMore example sentences
- Nevertheless, any form of discrimination, whether positive or negative, is highly undesirable and offers another reason why anonymising applications is detrimental to the fairness of the selection process.
- Merely anonymising her information would be ethically problematic, as could drafting a fictional case ‘inspired’ by the clinical encounter.
- The manuscripts under discussion are confidential, however, so we have anonymised them to protect authors' privacy.
- 1.1 (usually as adjective anonymized) Medicine Remove identifying particulars from (test results) for statistical or other purposes: anonymized testing of routine blood samplesMore example sentences
- We did an observational study of changes in prescribing costs between two financial years using anonymised data from all general practices in Trent.
- We used anonymised statistical abstracts of hospital records that were linked to data from death certificates in the former Oxford health region from 1963 to 1998.
- We used anonymised data from the UK General Practice Research Database.
- More example sentences
- Privacy ultimately is about an individual's ability to control personally identifying information, and anonymization alone can never facilitate this.
- The power can only be used where gaining consent or anonymization are not reasonably practicable options.
- The way serious people protect their web-searching privacy is through anonymization.
More definitions of anonymizeDefinition of anonymize in:
- The British & World English dictionary