- A calcium-rich mineral of the plagioclase feldspar group, typically white, occurring especially in limestones metamorphosed by contact with an igneous intrusion.More example sentences
- Because of the preponderance of the mineral anorthite (a calcium-rich variety of the mineral plagioclase feldspar) this rock type is called anorthosite.
- Late phases are mainly calcic amphiboles of magnesio-hornblende composition and plagioclases with very low anorthite contents.
- The relative effect of anorthite on predicted melt compositions is indicated.
More definitions of anorthiteDefinition of anorthite in:
- The British & World English dictionary