Definition of anovulant in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) preventing ovulation.
- The oral anovulant contraceptive pill had been developed privately with her assistance.
- A renewed challenge to the Church's teaching came with the approval of the anovulant pill in 1960.
- In the 1960s, the Church faced increasing pressure regarding the use of contraceptive means with the marketing of the anovulant pill.
nounBack to top
An anovulant drug.
- The common factor is that all these are anovulants and therefore are equally good at stopping ectopics and intrauterine conceptions.
- For these reasons, the therapeutic use of anovulants is not an act that would violate the first condition of the principle of the double effect.
- Even when taking contraceptives or anovulants, the number of ovules that we ourselves can use reduces gradually.
Definition of anovulant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan