- Responsibility for explaining or justifying one’s actions: the answerability of governments to the citizensMore example sentences
- The security of the state and its subjects against the misuse of power by ministers and their officials lies directly in their hierarchical organization and their answerability.
- Rather than concentrating on answerability to detailed government rules, more flexible mechanisms of accountability that encourage responsibility-taking are essential for governance.
- We are convinced that it would do nothing to enhance accountability and answerability to the public and runs the unacceptable risk of the far-right taking control of our police service.
More definitions of answerabilityDefinition of answerability in:
- The British & World English dictionary