- A tape recorder or digital device that supplies a recorded answer to a telephone call and can record a message from the caller.More example sentences
- The threat was recorded by a telephone answering machine and a case was opened at Park Road police station.
- Don't record a message on your answering machine or voice mail that says you are gone.
- The Data Protection Commissioner has received a number of informal complaints about a recorded message left on the answering machines of some companies last weekend.
More definitions of answering machineDefinition of answering machine in:
- The British & World English dictionary