Definition of ant lion in English:
An insect that resembles a dragonfly, with predatory larvae that construct conical pits into which insect prey, especially ants, fall.
- Family Myrmeleontidae, order Neuroptera
- This was also found in at least one other insect species, the ant lion.
- I was up to my waist, and as each wave receded I was being pushed forward, and the sand was being dragged from beneath me, in much the same way as an ant lion catches its prey.
- However, when excluding one outlier, the ant lion, the correlations are again significant.
Definition of ant lion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan