Definition of antacid in English:
(Chiefly of a medicine) preventing or correcting acidity, especially in the stomach.
- The Pharmacy stocks a number of antacid preparations.
- Examples of antacid brands include Rennies and Gaviscon.
- Of course over-the-counter antacid pills (cimtidine and ranitidine) are available, but I really prefer to avoid possible side-effects they may cause.
nounBack to top
An antacid medicine.
- These familiar antacids were medicine chest staples.
- This medicine contains antacids that can keep other medicines from working properly if the 2 medicines are taken too close together.
- For example, antacids, antibiotics, and oral contraceptives alter your body's absorption of several B vitamins.
Words that rhyme with antacidAbbasid, acid, flaccid, Hasid, placid
Definition of antacid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.