- 1Active hostility or opposition: the antagonism between them his antagonism toward the local people petty antagonisms and jealousiesMore example sentences
- And there often is an assumption that it is about hostility or antagonism between men and women.
- The symbolic separation and opposition aside, the personal antagonism between the two men is not imagined by the media.
- The petty point-scoring highlights the deepening antagonism between the rivals.
- 1.1 Biochemistry Inhibition of or interference with the action of one substance or organism by another.More example sentences
- This concept helps link mutualism to antagonisms such as herbivory, predation, and parasitism, interactions defined largely by the existence of costs.
- In order to understand the structural basis for pterin antagonism, selected derivatives were docked into the NOS pterin binding cavity.
- As in biochemistry, antagonism in pharmacology is not restricted to competition.
early 19th century: from French antagonisme, from Greek antagōnizesthai 'struggle against' (see antagonist).