Definition of antagonism in English:
1Active hostility or opposition: the antagonism between them his antagonism toward the local people petty antagonisms and jealousies
More example sentences
- And there often is an assumption that it is about hostility or antagonism between men and women.
- The symbolic separation and opposition aside, the personal antagonism between the two men is not imagined by the media.
- The petty point-scoring highlights the deepening antagonism between the rivals.
1.1 Biochemistry Inhibition of or interference with the action of one substance or organism by another.
- This concept helps link mutualism to antagonisms such as herbivory, predation, and parasitism, interactions defined largely by the existence of costs.
- In order to understand the structural basis for pterin antagonism, selected derivatives were docked into the NOS pterin binding cavity.
- As in biochemistry, antagonism in pharmacology is not restricted to competition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan