- A vestibule for a college chapel, lying beyond the west end of the nave.More example sentences
- Above the entrance to the antechapel, covering almost the entire wall above the door, is Giampetrino's 15th century copy of Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper, on loan from the Royal Academy.
- In truth, King's College has shown itself in recent years to be unfit to be the custodian of its celebrated chapel - the shop designed in a crude gothic manner which today obstructs and disfigures the antechapel is a further disgrace.
- Lazarus was purchased for the college by Warden Smith for £700 and then erected in the antechapel in 1952.
More definitions of antechapelDefinition of antechapel in:
- The British & World English dictionary