A marsupial mouse of shrewlike habits and appearance, found in Australia, New Guinea, and Tasmania.
- Genera Antechinus and Parantechinus, family Dasyuridae: several species
More example sentences
- The male antechinus can mate for 12 hours at a time.
- In the daytime he sometimes found a tiny possum curled up asleep in the cutlery drawer or in a bowl on the kitchen shelf, or he glimpsed an antechinus by the door.
- Lace monitors and yellow-footed antechinus accounted for 7.6% and 2.7% of all nests, respectively.
Definition of antechinus in:
- The British & World English dictionary