Definition of antechinus in English:
A marsupial mouse of shrewlike habits and appearance, found in Australia, New Guinea, and Tasmania.
- Genera Antechinus and Parantechinus, family Dasyuridae: several species
- The male antechinus can mate for 12 hours at a time.
- In the daytime he sometimes found a tiny possum curled up asleep in the cutlery drawer or in a bowl on the kitchen shelf, or he glimpsed an antechinus by the door.
- Lace monitors and yellow-footed antechinus accounted for 7.6% and 2.7% of all nests, respectively.
Definition of antechinus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia