- An example or instance of a word, phrase, etc., at a date earlier than previously known or recorded: antedatings of some prize-fighting termsMore example sentences
- But I can provide a more modest antedating, taking the ‘box’ metaphor back to 1969.
- Contributors have been supplying antedatings since the first fascicles of the OED were published in the 1880s.
- People guess that the best bet for antedatings is probably old magazines.
More definitions of antedatingDefinition of antedating in:
- The British & World English dictionary