- 1Of or belonging to the time before the biblical Flood: gigantic bones of antediluvian animalsMore example sentences
- In addition, the parallels between the Sumerian and biblical antediluvian data open up the possibility of establishing chronological correlations between the rest of the Kings List and the book of Genesis.
- An antediluvian civilization, thriving and technologically advanced prior to the flood, managed to survive the flood due to their technological prowess.
- One even tells its followers that they may relive former lives, back into antediluvian periods.
- 1.1chiefly • humorous Ridiculously old-fashioned: they maintain antediluvian sex-role stereotypesMore example sentences
- In the new dispensation, religion is being hemmed into a narrow, private world, as if a public commitment to certain beliefs is old-fashioned and antediluvian, like wearing your shirt inside your drawers.
- But I cannot see the House of Lords' decision as some sort of cataclysm which has put a quarter of a century's family jurisprudence into antediluvian obsolescence.
- ‘The newspaper industry prices itself in a way that is at best archaic and at worst antediluvian,’ he says.