- 1An antechamber, typically serving as a waiting room.More example sentences
- Beethoven claimed to Goethe that he had rapped Rudolph over the knuckles for keeping him waiting in an anteroom, and doubtless the composition lessons became increasingly irksome.
- Instead, in one corner there is the monitor of a closed-circuit television showing the area in front of the entrance, the waiting room, the anteroom and the room itself.
- Upstairs, I go first into the library, a little anteroom off the master bedroom.
- 1.1 Military A sitting room in an officers' mess.More example sentences
- When he walked into Colonel Atkins's anteroom, Atkins was the name of the CO he'd been told, he found a Staff Sergeant sitting behind a desk sipping a cup of coffee like it was the only thing keeping him awake.
- As the formal Anteroom in the mess, it doubles as a smaller, more intimate dining room for official functions.
- Officers live together in their own Mess, complete with anteroom and bar.