adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- (Of an organ of the body, typically the uterus) inclined forward.More example sentences
- The pelvis was anteverted, and there was a flexion deformity of both knees.
- The patient showed external minor abnormalities, including hypertelorism, small mouth, and anteverted nares.
- A normal acetabulum is 20-degrees to 30-degrees anteverted; however, wide variation exists.
mid 19th century: from Latin antevertere, from ante 'before' + vertere 'to turn' + -ed2.
More definitions of antevertedDefinition of anteverted in:
- The British & World English dictionary