- The flowering period of a plant, from the opening of the flower bud.More example sentences
- Anthers were isolated from flowers at anthesis and pollen grains were collected.
- In the field the plants displayed many flowers at full anthesis.
- In principal, the length of flower anthesis depends on pollination and removal of the pollinium.
mid 19th century: from Greek anthēsis 'flowering', from anthein 'to blossom'.
More definitions of anthesisDefinition of anthesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary