1The study of human societies and cultures and their development. Also called cultural anthropology, social anthropology.
- Comparative studies declined and anthropology shifted to universities.
- So he studied anthropology, inquisitive about human societies and their desires and needs.
- Before proceeding, it is important to examine the theoretical developments in anthropology on the politics of reproduction.
1.1The study of human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution. Also called physical anthropology.
- It provides a solid underpinning of evolutionary biology for those who want to explore ecology, anthropology and social evolution anywhere on earth.
- Another important area that will be influenced is anthropology, evolution and human migration.
- The new Cartesianism of cognitive science and biological anthropology provide some contemporary exemplars.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of anthropology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.