Definition of anticapitalist in English:
Opposed to capitalism.
- The lions at the base of Nelson's Column sported the latest anti-capitalist graffiti.
- The last period has seem massive movements of young people develop in the form of the anti-capitalist movement.
- Such a movement will need to take an anti-capitalist direction.
nounBack to top
A person who is opposed to capitalism.
- Tony Blair urged fellow EU leaders yesterday not to yield in future confrontations with anti-capitalists who disrupted their Gothenburg summit.
- Indeed, she has pinned a large portrait of the anti-capitalist on her living room wall.
- In fact, the younger Packer seems to have been neither a dedicated anticapitalist nor an uncritical advocate of the welfare state.
Definition of anticapitalist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan