- Having the effect of retarding or inhibiting the coagulation of the blood.More example sentences
- Alcohol has two anticoagulant effects which make blood less likely to clot in the wrong place.
- These include a change in the balance between procoagulant and anticoagulant factors in the blood.
- Large amounts of garlic can increase the anticoagulant effects of pharmaceutical blood thinners (warfarin, high dose aspirin).
nounBack to top
- An anticoagulant substance.More example sentences
- For unstable angina the treatment is a daily 300 mg dose of aspirin, and injectable anticoagulants such as Heparin are administered in hospital.
- Treatment then continued with a transition to long term use of oral anticoagulants (vitamin K antagonists).
- Examples of anticoagulants include aspirin, heparin, and warfarin.
More definitions of anticoagulantDefinition of anticoagulant in:
- The British & World English dictionary