Definition of antidiarrheal in English:
(Of a drug) used to alleviate diarrhea.
- On the other hand, if you have diarrhea, your doctor may recommend anti-diarrheal medications
- Use anti-diarrheal medications and laxatives with caution.
- They have antioxidant properties, antidiarrheal effects, and are toxic to a wide range of microbial organisms including parasites and some common viruses.
nounBack to top
An antidiarrheal drug.
- This result was attributed to the Aegle marmelos, a commonly known antidiarrheal in India, although the two botanicals were not given separately, so individual effects cannot be confirmed.
- Additional therapy can consist of dietary restriction, anti-emetics (anti-vomiting), anti-diarrheals, and broad spectrum antibiotics to prevent secondary infections.
- Anti-diarrheals help to alleviate the pain and cramping caused by diarrhea.
Definition of antidiarrheal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan