Definition of antidiarrheal in English:
(Of a drug) used to alleviate diarrhea.
- On the other hand, if you have diarrhea, your doctor may recommend anti-diarrheal medications
- Use anti-diarrheal medications and laxatives with caution.
- They have antioxidant properties, antidiarrheal effects, and are toxic to a wide range of microbial organisms including parasites and some common viruses.
nounBack to top
An antidiarrheal drug.
- This result was attributed to the Aegle marmelos, a commonly known antidiarrheal in India, although the two botanicals were not given separately, so individual effects cannot be confirmed.
- Additional therapy can consist of dietary restriction, anti-emetics (anti-vomiting), anti-diarrheals, and broad spectrum antibiotics to prevent secondary infections.
- Anti-diarrheals help to alleviate the pain and cramping caused by diarrhea.
Definition of antidiarrheal in:
- British & World English dictionary