Definition of antigravity in English:
A hypothetical force opposing gravity.
- Albert Einstein first proposed the notion of antigravity in 1917 and later abandoned it.
- Researchers have been able to simulate antigravity under extremely cold temperatures for small objects, but true antigravity is only a theoretical concept.
- The best part of the story is where the physicists basically admit that yeah, given how incredibly weird phantom energy is, it probably allows for things like antigravity and wormhole-based time machines.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
(Chiefly of clothing for a pilot or astronaut) designed to counteract the effects of high acceleration.
- Raël claims that the creatures in Ezekiel's vision wore antigravity suits with small jet engines attached to them.
- So this mysterious stuff has been labelled ‘dark energy’ and is a kind of cosmic antigravity force that counteracts the attractive force of gravity.
- I patented nanotechnology, antigravity devices, and genetic techniques of all sorts by my teenage years.
Definition of antigravity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan