- Antiphonal singing, playing, or chanting.More example sentences
- My one carp with the piece is that it relies a bit too heavily on antiphony, a natural device for two choirs.
- The alleluias are strong and simple, with mainly two-part antiphony (back-and-forth) between the men and the women.
- Harris's style is strong and assertive, imbued with an American melos of hymn tunes and folksongs, and using the orchestra to create powerful effects of block antiphony.
More definitions of antiphonyDefinition of antiphony in:
- The British & World English dictionary