- The direct opposite of something else: the pole and its antipodeMore example sentences
- Such a perfect, artificial cosmos of art is like an antipode to the life on the streets here, where everything is totally contradictory - where old and new, traditional and modern, poor and rich vehemently clash all day.
- His antipode in the Greek pantheon is Kairos, ‘the fortunate moment.’
- Architecturally, DCA complex was an antipode of a typical 1970s Dundee structure.
early 17th century (denoting an inhabitant of the opposite side of the earth): back-formation from antipodes.
More definitions of antipodeDefinition of antipode in:
- The British & World English dictionary