(Chiefly of a drug) used to relieve itching.
- When a robust take is suspected, management includes observation, patient education, and supportive care that includes resting the affected limb and using oral nonaspirin analgesic medications and oral antipruritic agents.
- The patient was treated with topical clobetasol cream and antipruritic agents, and the eruption resolved without sequelae within approximately 7 days after onset.
- Clinical trials of new antipruritic agents are in progress.
An antipruritic drug.
- Ointments or creams are applied to reduce infection and antipruritics can also be used to reduce irritation
- In a few persons, pruritis persisted several days; those patients were treated with antipruritics.
- This has been completed and two drugs, nalmefene and ketorolac have been studied as antipruritics.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of antipruritic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.