- Surgical removal of an antrum, especially the antrum of the stomach.More example sentences
- In less advanced cases, the use of hemostatic drugs or endoscopic laser coagulation may be effective, but in advanced cases with severe hemorrhage, antrectomy may be required.
- For duodenal ulcers, antrectomy may be combined with other surgical procedures that are aimed at reducing the secretion of gastric acid, which is associated with ulcer formation.
- You also recall the doctor telling you and your husband in a December, 1989, conversation that your husband's problems were ‘abnormal results’ from the vagotomy and antrectomy surgery?
More definitions of antrectomyDefinition of antrectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary