Definition of anuria in English:
Failure of the kidneys to produce urine.
- Chronic renal failure with oliguria or anuria complicates fluid management during critical illnesses, particularly when cardiac disease coexists.
- Other emergency conditions are anuria and acute renal failure secondary to bilateral obstruction, or unilateral obstruction in a patient with a solitary functioning kidney.
- Patients with severe oliguria or anuria (output of less than 100 mL of urine per day) are likely to have postrenal acute renal failure.
- Example sentences
- Oliguric or anuric renal failure is the result in the most severe cases and, although permanent renal failure is rare, recovery of renal function may take up to two months.
- This therapy was continued for 2 months, with the patient subsequently becoming anuric and dependent on hemodialysis.
- Despite therapies, her mental status worsened, and she became anuric.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan