Definition of apartheid in English:
- An interesting point that Rose was quoted on in the Guardian was that he applied the same boycott to South Africa under apartheid.
- It is the same story in every subsequent popular revolution, up to and including the overthrow of apartheid in South Africa.
- Black people's struggle against apartheid in South Africa attracted immense worldwide solidarity.
- The segregation of women and sexual apartheid are seen as a desirable state for women in society.
- If you haven't spoken to these people, it is hard to explain just how obsessed with sexual apartheid they are.
- If children are educated separately then it's a kind of apartheid.
Adopted by the successful Afrikaner National Party as a slogan in the 1948 election, apartheid extended and institutionalized existing racial segregation. Despite rioting and terrorism at home and isolation abroad from the 1960s onward, the white regime maintained the apartheid system with only minor relaxation until February 1991
Words that rhyme with apartheidpeltate • edentate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.