Definition of aperiodic in English:
1Not periodic; irregular: aperiodic fluctuations
More example sentences
- The activation of the pair-rule genes by the gap genes results in the transformation of the embryonic pattern along the antero-posterior axis from an aperiodic regionalization to a periodic one.
- With respect to the former, suggested population dynamics of cannibals include a variety of regimes such as equilibrium, periodic cycles, aperiodic cycles, and chaotic dynamics.
- Partial aperiodic reinforcement, for example, evokes a rather more persistent response than one might expect, though Skinner would scoff at interpreting such persistence as hope springing eternal.
- Example sentences
- Thus, the aperiodicity was not due to synaptic events but attributable to the activity of voltage-sensitive Na + channels.
- In fact this article could be considered an analysis of the impact of the study of aperiodicity on Hubert's problem.
- A new technique for aperiodicity analysis was designed to meet these more stringent requirements, but even highly sophisticated fundamental frequency analysis procedures 9,10 need further refinement.
Definition of aperiodic in:
- British & World English dictionary