Definition of aperiodic in English:
1Not periodic; irregular: aperiodic fluctuations
More example sentences
- The activation of the pair-rule genes by the gap genes results in the transformation of the embryonic pattern along the antero-posterior axis from an aperiodic regionalization to a periodic one.
- With respect to the former, suggested population dynamics of cannibals include a variety of regimes such as equilibrium, periodic cycles, aperiodic cycles, and chaotic dynamics.
- Partial aperiodic reinforcement, for example, evokes a rather more persistent response than one might expect, though Skinner would scoff at interpreting such persistence as hope springing eternal.
- Example sentences
- Thus, the aperiodicity was not due to synaptic events but attributable to the activity of voltage-sensitive Na + channels.
- In fact this article could be considered an analysis of the impact of the study of aperiodicity on Hubert's problem.
- A new technique for aperiodicity analysis was designed to meet these more stringent requirements, but even highly sophisticated fundamental frequency analysis procedures 9,10 need further refinement.
Definition of aperiodic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan