Definition of apnea in English:
Temporary cessation of breathing, especially during sleep: thousands suffer from sleep apnea
More example sentences
- You could have a sleep disorder, such as obstructive sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.
- Untreated obstructive sleep apnea syndrome can result in serious complications.
- Mixed apnea, which is rare, is a combination of obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea.
- Example sentences
- Some 70 percent had a history of unexplained illness (including apnoeic attacks, or episodes of 'near-miss cot death').
- A pocket mask will enable ventilatory support to be given to apnoeic patients (whether due to trauma or medical causes).
- Each apnoeic event per hour of sleep added about 1% to the risk of having hypertension.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan