Definition of apolitical in English:
Not interested or involved in politics: a former apolitical housewife
More example sentences
- Now, mayors are pretty apolitical and do not get angry very often.
- Also, the public service used to be apolitical, but I am afraid we cannot say that today.
- If high politics often seems strangely apolitical, everyday life is extraordinarily politicised.
- Example sentences
- Two independents had thrown their hat into the East Ward election ring in an effort to offer disillusioned constituents in the ward a chance to vote apolitically.
- They acted professionally and apolitically and are showing us now that they will respect the popular electoral will.
- While they are professional and will perform apolitically, its my guess that the officers will be resistant to wholesale changes to the rating system and some of the fiscally prudent policies we implemented.
Definition of apolitical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan