Definition of apolitical in English:
Not interested or involved in politics: a former apolitical housewife
More example sentences
- Now, mayors are pretty apolitical and do not get angry very often.
- Also, the public service used to be apolitical, but I am afraid we cannot say that today.
- If high politics often seems strangely apolitical, everyday life is extraordinarily politicised.
- apolitically adverb
- Example sentences
- Two independents had thrown their hat into the East Ward election ring in an effort to offer disillusioned constituents in the ward a chance to vote apolitically.
- They acted professionally and apolitically and are showing us now that they will respect the popular electoral will.
- While they are professional and will perform apolitically, its my guess that the officers will be resistant to wholesale changes to the rating system and some of the fiscally prudent policies we implemented.
Words that rhyme with apoliticalanalytical, critical, cryptanalytical, diacritical, eremitical, geopolitical, hypercritical, hypocritical, political, socio-political, subcritical
Definition of apolitical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.