Words that rhyme with Apollofollow, hollow, Rollo, swallow, wallow
Definition of Apollo in:
- British & World English dictionary
Entry from British & World English dictionary
noun (plural apollos)
A large butterfly which has creamy-white wings marked with black and red spots, found chiefly on the mountains of mainland Europe.
- Parnassius apollo, family Papilionidae
- The apollo goes one step further; after mating he secretes and glues a rigid structure called a ‘sphragis’ over the unfortunate female's abdomen.
- The adult Apollo butterfly can be seen during July and August on sunny hills and mountains 1,500 to 6,500 feet above sea level.
- Small apollo butterflies demonstrate various means of defense to increase their chances of survival.
Mid 19th century: from Apollo.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.