(British also appendicectomy /əˌpendəˈsektəmē/)
noun (plural appendectomies)
- A surgical operation to remove the appendix.More example sentences
- This operation is called an appendicectomy or appendectomy.
- Unlike her predecessors, Ms D scrubbed for only one surgical procedure, an appendectomy, the entire time she was in Vietnam.
- This alone makes it difficult for them to progress to performing operations like appendicectomies, which most current registrars were doing as pre-registration house officers.
More definitions of appendectomyDefinition of appendectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary