- 1Relating to or denoting an appendage or appendages.More example sentences
- The axial elements were the least variable, the most proximal appendicular elements were in the middle range, and the more distal appendicular elements were the most variable.
- The appendicular elements are robustly constructed.
- 1.1 Anatomy Of or relating to a limb or limbs: the appendicular skeletonMore example sentences
- The somatic layer of the lateral plate gives rise to the appendicular skeleton and the connective tissue of the limbs and body wall.
- The limbs and appendicular musculature of tetrapods are a further elaboration of the non-axial musculature.
- Scutes over the limbs are termed appendicular scutes, and scutes forming the ventral portion of the carapace are referred to as ventral scutes.
mid 17th century: from Latin appendicula 'small appendage', diminutive of appendix, + -ar1.
More definitions of appendicularDefinition of appendicular in:
- The British & World English dictionary