Definition of applicator in English:
1A device used for inserting something or for applying a substance to a surface.
- When you insert cotton-tipped applicators or tissues in your ear, the wax is just pushed deeper into the ear canal.
- They are working on herbicide applicators and seed drills for restoration work.
- Use a sponge applicator or brush to apply solid colour to the lid, then blend out towards the socket and brow bone with your fingers.
1.1A person who applies a substance or installs something, such as house siding.
- It is highly recommended that fumigation be done by a commercial pesticide applicator who has been trained and EPA / NDA-certified in safe fumigant handling and application techniques.
- He estimates having this information on hand saves about 15 minutes per load, which can quickly add up to three or four hours a day in saved time for each applicator.
- David is a licensed pesticide applicator and a certified professional agronomist with the American Society of Agronomy.
Definition of applicator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.