- Showing or feeling approval of someone or something: the wine drew approving comments from across the tableMore example sentences
- At fifteen he was already winning the Academie Francaise's approving attention for his poems.
- He noted how US companies, unlike their competitors, are prohibited by law from bribing government officials responsible for approving contracts.
- He had even smiled in an approving way at her.
- More example sentences
- As long as I'm approvingly linking to myself, I might as well pat myself on the back for seeing this one coming.
- City bureaucrats beamed approvingly at each new design.
- Anyway, when I got to the gallery, Andrea was on the sidewalk in front, looking up approvingly.