Definition of après-ski in English:
The social activities and entertainment following a day’s skiing: [as modifier]: the après-ski disco
More example sentences
- Half the point of skiing is the après-ski, of course - not just the drink, but the food.
- Don't just take our word for it: last Sunday we asked you to nominate your favourite après-ski venues and it was clear from the responses that we were tapping into some fond memories.
- And as with all the best Japanese après-ski experiences, we wind down at an onsen, or hot spring - namely, the milky-green 108-degree waters of Goshiki, a 25-minute drive from the ski area.
1950s: French, literally 'after skiing'.
- Example sentences
- In fact, despite the magnificent views and huge amount of skiable terrain to choose from, skiers say that the après-skiing is the best part of the entire Zermatt experience.
- Also, huts and restaurants offer après-skiing, for those, who haven't burnt up enough energy on the slopes!
- Austria is of course also known for its perfect skiing and cosy après-skiing.
Definition of après-ski in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan