The social activities and entertainment following a day’s skiing: [as modifier]: the après-ski disco
More example sentences
- Half the point of skiing is the après-ski, of course - not just the drink, but the food.
- Don't just take our word for it: last Sunday we asked you to nominate your favourite après-ski venues and it was clear from the responses that we were tapping into some fond memories.
- And as with all the best Japanese après-ski experiences, we wind down at an onsen, or hot spring - namely, the milky-green 108-degree waters of Goshiki, a 25-minute drive from the ski area.
1950s: French, literally 'after skiing'.
- More example sentences
- In fact, despite the magnificent views and huge amount of skiable terrain to choose from, skiers say that the après-skiing is the best part of the entire Zermatt experience.
- Also, huts and restaurants offer après-skiing, for those, who haven't burnt up enough energy on the slopes!
- Austria is of course also known for its perfect skiing and cosy après-skiing.
Definition of après-ski in:
- The British & World English dictionary