- The rearing of aquatic animals or the cultivation of aquatic plants for food.More example sentences
- We see it as no less important for land-based aquaculture than it is for sea-based aquaculture.
- Runoff from intense agriculture is a big factor, as is intense aquaculture.
- The good news about mussel farming is that unlike other forms of aquaculture, the end product is better than the wild version.
mid 19th century: from Latin aqua 'water' + culture, on the pattern of words such as agriculture.
More definitions of aquacultureDefinition of aquaculture in:
- The British & World English dictionary