(also • trademark Aqua-Lung)
- A portable breathing apparatus for divers, consisting of cylinders of compressed air strapped on the diver’s back, feeding air automatically through a mask or mouthpiece.More example sentences
- The modus operandi, they said, was for divers with aqualungs to collect perlemoen which they then took ashore at dusk in sacks and left in a hideout in the bush and dunes.
- She pulled out the mouthpiece of her aqualung, briefly, and shouted his name into the water.
- If I went, and I would, I'd want the full suit, with an aqualung and a parachute.
verb[no object] • dated Back to top
- Swim underwater using an aqualung .More example sentences
- If the water flows into the room, grab the tanks and get aqualunging.
1950s (originally a proprietary name in the US): from Latin aqua 'water' + lung.
More definitions of aqualungDefinition of aqualung in:
- The British & World English dictionary