1Relating to water.
- The second phase includes an aquatic center with water slides, and a third phase includes an auditorium that can be converted into an indoor soccer facility.
- They rise out of the water like aquatic chook pens.
- The second part of the plan is meant to set up standards to ensure that enough water always remains in rivers to support the aquatic environment.
1.1(Of a plant or animal) growing or living in or near water: the bay could support aquatic life
More example sentences
- In summer, aquatic insects, other aquatic invertebrates, and some plant material are eaten.
- They also forage in shallow water for aquatic invertebrates and catch insects on foliage or near the surface of water.
- In place of managed turf to the water's edge, plant aquatic vegetation along out-of-play shorelines.
1An aquatic plant or animal, typically one suitable for a pond or aquarium.
- Most aquatics grow best when planted in wide, shallow containers that you submerge in the pond.
- Pot up aquatics the way you would any plant, adding about a teaspoon of 5-10-5 granular fertilizer to the soil in each pot before planting.
- Or use the cauldron as a water garden and grow horsetail, a water lily or other aquatics.
2 (aquatics) Sports played in or on water.
- Among the sports the athletes will play are athletics, aquatics, tennis, five-a-side football, volleyball and bocce.
- They would also appreciate assistance from anyone with a knowledge of the following sports - aquatics, athletics, cycling, table tennis, basketball, football, unified football and judo.
- Twenty-two major sports, including aquatics, cycling, figure skating, golf, martial arts, soccer, track and field, and wrestling will be included.
Words that rhyme with aquaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.