1A member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighboring territories, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Henceforth, he insisted that he was Emperor not only of the French but also of the North African Arabs.
- Trans-Sahara trade with North Africans and Arabs began to transform these northern societies greatly.
- Nearly 300,000 North African Arabs, for example, fought in the ranks of the Free French.
Relating to Arabia and the people of Arabia: Arab countries
More example sentences
- But, caught on the continent's horn, it isn't of Africa - it is neither Arab north nor Bantu south.
- In other words, seven-eighths of ancient Palestine now makes up Arab states, predominantly Jordan and Syria.
- The main markets were in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the US and Arab countries.
See Arabian (usage).
Words that rhyme with Arabcarob, scarab, Shatt al-Arab
Definition of Arab in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.