Definition of arachnid in English:
An arthropod of the class Arachnida, such as a spider or scorpion.
- Wolbachia bacteria infect many insects, arachnids (mites and spiders), crustaceans, and parasitic nematodes.
- In the comic book world, too, spiders, which are of course really arachnids, are considered insects.
- ‘Apart from social spiders that build mutual webs, I can't think of any other examples’ of such a collective trap strategy among insects or arachnids, Jones added.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting arachnids.
- Without the bone chilling, sustained freezing temperatures of years gone by the arachnid population thrives.
- It is dark brown, with short hair bristling off eight legs that support its arachnid body.
- All spiders are members of the arachnid order Araneae, which is divided into two suborders.
Definition of arachnid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India