A plant of a diverse group of trees and shrubs of the ginseng family, native to America and Asia. Several kinds are cultivated for their foliage and profusion of tiny flowers, and some are used in herbal medicine.
- Genus Aralia, family Araliaceae: several species, including the bristly sarsaparilla (A. hispida)
More example sentences
- She starts by anchoring the arrangement with a single plant that can live year to year and look attractive in every season-a weeping blue Atlas cedar, Japanese aralia, or sago palm, for instance.
- Large patches of the non-native Aralia elata were observed, and discussion followed concerning the importance of the inflorescence in determining species of woody aralias.
- I've seen false aralia before,’ Micah replied.
modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Definition of aralia in:
- The British & World English dictionary