Definition of arame in English:
An edible Pacific seaweed with broad brown leaves, used in Japanese cooking.
- Ecklonia bicyclis, class Phaeophyceae
- Shredded carrots are soused in soy sauce and mixed with sesame seeds, coriander and arame, a Japanese algae seaweed product.
- Like arame, brown algae called hijiki are used as an ingredient in soups or other slowly cooked or simmered dishes, although characterized by a slightly bitter flavor.
- Chewy tender arame, the mildest of sea vegetables, supplies dietary fiber and a wealth of vitamins and minerals.
Definition of arame in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan